Friday 18 September 2009

Module One - Long Time Between Drinks (Web 2.0)



Well, it has been quite a while since I have entered anything here – despite the promises I made to myself.

I have lots a valid reasons for not having made any entries – well are they reasons or simply excuses (now THAT’S a whole new Blog entry I think for another time [Note to self: Blog on Reasons v Excuses])

So why am I back here?

Short answer – I HAVE to be here (just joking Helen) as its part of the requirements of the Web 2.0 course I am currently undertaking through the Catholic Education Office (CEO) Sydney.

By way of introduction, my name is Matt Wells and I am the eLearning Coordinator at All Saints Catholic Boys College, Liverpool. The school caters for Year 7 – 10 boys. We are currently in a period of transition as many of our staff explore the exciting possibilities that the Digital Education Revolution 1 to 1 laptop program has brought to our school.

The course is being provided to allow teachers within our system to allow teachers to engage in their own authentic learning. To be truly eLearners – to be able to learn Anything, Anytime, Anywhere.

Throughout this course I will be returning here to update this Blog with more of my thoughts.

For now though its back to some more investigating as I believe I must engage in this work if I want my colleagues to do the same.

The best way to promote learning is to demonstrate that we are ourselves life long learners.

No comments:

Post a Comment